Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Madison, Georgia’s Holiday Tour of Homes 2013

I’m trying to catch up on all my recent doings and with the winter storms brewing in Georgia I’m stuck home and have some time to work on my posts. It’s kind of nice actually to have time to go back and look at my pictures and remember how beautiful everything was. Very motivating for decorating and collecting for Christmas 2014. :)
Madison is one of my favorite places to visit here locally. It’s so close to metro Atlanta and has so much beautiful architecture, landscaping, and history. There are many fun shops and there is always something going on to come visit for. Madison has been my most popular blog inspiration and so many of you come back to see what I’ve been doing here. Thank you for the support and I hope to see you in Madison sometime soon!
284
1516
 
1518
 
I have always thought this home is one of the most beautiful in Madison (I mean just look at that beautiful ornate Frette work!!) and I was so happy to see it was going to be on the tour this year.
 
282
 
283
 
289
 
The previous owner of my home left one of these crystal horns. It looks so pretty on a mantel mixed with fresh greenery.
 
291
 
293
 
Anyone who knows me knows I love pretty china and silver. This antique set looks very similar to some antique Limoges my mother was gifted.
 
297
 
1536
 
1538
 
1539
 
1548
 
1552
 
Genius idea! Model A Tours.
 
300
 
302
 
303
 
305
 
306
 
1557
 
1559
 
307
 
310
 
313
 
I like their wreaths and greenery. Cute screen door.
 
1560
 
1565
 
1567
 
318
 
319
 
320
322
We stayed at the lovely
Madison Oaks Inn, which we love and have been to several times {May Festival & Murder Mystery Weekend} and brought our friends along. Breakfast was delicious as always and we love visiting with innkeeper Cheryl and, of course, Sophie the Pug. Thank you for everything! :)
1494
 
1496
 
1500
 
1502
 
My mouth is watering just looking at this picture! So delicious!
 
1575
 
Isn’t this clever! They wrapped hay bales in burlap and decorated with ribbon and candy canes. I’ll have to remember for next year!
 
1577

Check out my previous posts about Madison {2013 Holiday Tour} {Madison in May 2013}. I can’t wait to come back, Madison in May will be here before we know it but I hope to be back before then!
Have a bright day!
Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. The china you picture is known as the "Taft China" since it was purchased on the occasion of a visit from President Taft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They mentioned that in the tour and I think that is awesome! What a wonderful story to go along with their treasures. It was obvious they take great pride in their family home:)

    ReplyDelete