Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, October 24, 2011

Country Living Fair Atlanta~October 2011



Hello Everyone!
Well this week has certainly been an interesting one! Among all the daily chores, cleaning, job applications, etcetera of the week I was hired for a part time job and worked as a movie extra very last minute. Plus my blog has had tons of visits, today it's been visited over 100 times! I'm flaberghasted and extremely humbled that so many of you have been reading about my mini adventures, cooking, life in general. Thank you so so much for visiting and do come again! Gosh!
This weekend maman and I visited the Country Living Fair at Stone Mountain Park and it was amazing! I have been looking forward to this for such a long time and actually had time this year to make the trip. I have so much fun stuff to share I'm bursting! :)
Sunday was a beautiful fall day. The sun was shining and not too hot, in the 60s. {I went to the Apple Festival in Ellijay a few weeks ago and it was super hot, in the 80s. I'll share that trip soon!}
It wasn't too crowded which was nice and, if you're willing to wait, the last day many vendors drop their prices so they don't have to take things home. Take CASH too. Sometimes vendors are willing to give you a better price for cash purchases since they have to pay to process credit card transactions.

Here We Go!
 
Jane & Mr. Darcy are ready to get this road trip started!

We Made It!

Look at that view! Such a beautiful clear fall day.

 Checking out the flower & vessels presentation. I love those cottage roses in the galvanized bucket! I need to go junkin' to find some fun stuff like that. Hmm. I'm thinking a Thanksgiving tablescape is now in the works.

Jeff Floyd, Designer in Chief of Celebrating Home, made some adorable quick door and table decor from faux flowers. I LOVE this wreath with the owls:) We ALMOST WON IT! I was ONE number away, grrr. Guess we'll make our own. 

Hooty Hoot! 

 Candy Cane wreath. Cute:)

What a pretty topiary! The colors are so nice and soothing. I'm not sure what the greenery is but it's soft like lambs ear. Any ideas? 

So soft Jane had to feel for herself. Ahhh. Calgon take me away!

What a great idea! Use some old shutters to make pedestals for topiarys, planters, or roosters on your porch!

Happy Halloween! Great decoration ideas.

Jane's visiting the neighbors. 

We all got our pictures taken in the Country Living tent. October issue! 

Jane made a canine friend. Great listener. So well trained! 
 Time to shop! 



                                     Jane and I loved the silhouette bags!

Okay so these are my fav thing! Vintage flash cards. These would be sooo cute framed or hung from ribbon and clothes pins in a baby or childs room. Spell out their name! For example my name would be Cake, Hat, Egg, Ladybug, Sheep, Elephant, Apple.

 There are a lot of places you can find these. The ones pictured are large vintage pieces but for something quick, easy, and inexpensive you can find reproduced alphabet cards on http://www.amazon.com/. I really like the French ones by Cavallini or be sure to look at http://www.etsy.com/ for lots of vintage ones, custom pieces, or reproduced ones.

                                           She didn't look. Ugh. Moms.

                             Jane is doing some dress shopping!


 These were fun to play with;) Magnets made from old computer and typewriter keys.



                                                           Cute sign!



These made me think of Pink Girl! Mannequin with a pink slip, old ballet slippers, and a vintage Japanese umbrella.

I have a few of these and actually just put one on display a few weeks ago. Funny finding you here! They are vintage French agricultural awards. Mine are all sheep awards. Babe where are you?

One of my favorite booths! These pieces of wall art are made of old barn tin roofing. Of course I love this kitty cat! It's Binxy! The eyes and nose are magnetic so you can move them around or remove them.
Check out http://www.enniscountryusa.com/

Love the crow rack! This would be great for keys, dog leads, herbs, etc.

These chickens would be so cute in a kitchen! Again the eyes are magnetic so they can have eyes or not. I like their little beady eyes:)

Love the pumpkins. You can move all the pieces around and give your pumpkin its own character.

         We bought a few of these crows. They look so cute in this pumpkin!

Love the mini chickens! Great for a mantle or decorate a hutch.
Be sure to check out http://www.enniscountryusa.com/ to see more by the artists, Richard & Binky Ennis

 This scrapbooker likes this vintage scrapbook. Jane looks good with it too!

                            This vintage scale would look great in a kitchen!

                                     Love these cubbies in this old hutch.

                There were lots of things For Sale. Including this sign.

  Jane was pulled into an impromptu mass wedding. These vintage cake toppers are the tops!

                            Jane had no idea what this was.

 These purses made from vintage books were so cute! Didn't find any of Jane's books but these were just as good. In fact this one was golden. Although I still don't know how to take care of my dog : /

                                                 BARBIE!!! My favorite one!!!





Look at that sky! Great way to end the day. I'm sitting here eating my kettle corn. So yummy.
Did anyone else visit the Country Living Fair this weekend? Please share and tell me what your favorite finds were!

Have a bright day!
bright girl

5 comments:

  1. this is so wonderful!! your pics from the day are great ~ many thanks for sharing your favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! we had a fun time at the fair as well. i am really diggin those flash cards but didn't buy any b/c my mom said she has some. let's see if she really gives them to me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring a picture of our pillow! We had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your support! I had a great time and I think you can definitely see that in my pictures. I'll definitely be going back next year!
    Leigh Anne-tell your mama to hand 'em over, haha. And please share pics when you get them and display them. I'm obsessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jane!!!! Looks like she had an awesome time shopping...and then to get to be part of a wedding..how special is that? I also went and had a blast...but didn't get there until late afternoon Saturday...so we only had about three hours to shop...missed a lot..they closed right at 5pm! I will also have some pictures on my blog hopefully by tomorrow! Stop by and visit!
    Blessings, Martha from Authentica Classics

    ReplyDelete