Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 19, 2012

Murder, Mystery, Madison.


  • Girls weekend, check.

  • Wonderful fall weather, check.

  • Beautiful scenery and hospitality at the Madison Oaks Inn, double check.

  • Murder Mystery dinner, check!!

I’ve been looking forward to this trip to Madison for months and I’m so, so glad I was able to go and with a wonderful friend. Madison, Georgia is an adorable small town filled with  fun antique shops, yummy restaurants, and it is chock full of beautiful historic homes. I only visited for the first time this year and it’s now one of my favorite places to ‘get away,’ it’s less than two hours away from metro Atlanta. My mother and I decided to visit earlier this spring for a girls weekend of our own and I knew immediately I wanted to stay at Madison Oaks Inn. We had the best time! So when earlier this summer Cheryl, the inn keeper, filled me in on a Murder Mystery weekend in October I was ready to sign up right away! My friend Ginny, a fellow lover of history and historic homes, was game too and we’ve been anxiously waiting for October to arrive. Here is how we spent our weekend in Madison!
 


 124 (2)

We were greeted by beautiful fields of sunflowers entering town.

 

079

We made it to Madison Oaks!

 

082

 


129 (2)

 


184

Madison Oaks was originally called Poullain Heights.

 

087

 


089

 


134 (2)

Our beautiful room, the Sisters Room, for these sorority sisters;)



193

Jane has already made a friend.



133 (2)


 

138 (2)

Our view in the morning. Oak Alley.



146 (2)

 


145 (2)

Jane feels quite at home!



149 (2)

DeeVa has arrived!



151 (2)

Delicious breakfast!



152 (2)

 


155 (2)




002      008

We headed out for the day. First stop Belles & Beaux.

 

009

A piece of my past. I love this shop because they carry so many pretty things and I’ve worked for many companies they carry. Yves Delorme soap is the best and I love the smallest size, perfect for travel!



011


 

014

Jane is tweeting.



017


 

167 (2)

What is Jane cooking up?

 

022

So glamorous! J & K Antiques.



023



025

Oh my! Jane has met some dashing officers!



027

I don’t know why I didn’t see this last time we came but J & K Consignment has vintage clothes. This was so much fun! We scored some great deals and seriously cute ones at that!!


174 (2)

 

029

Keep Calm and Shop On. I love these Barbie prints. I have all the calendars that feature these prints and just saw the other day there is a new one for 2013! Can’t wait to get it. Check out Graphique de France.

 

175 (2)

What color stetson should Jane sport?



177

Well howdy!



179

Ahhhhh!!



042

One of my favorite booths at J & K antiques. Beautiful antique champagne glasses, Royal Doulton coffee pot, and Limoges soup bowls.

 

044

 


047

 


054

Had to stop by Madison Produce. So cheerful for fall. Going in here makes me want to pack a picnic!



057



058


 

065

 


066

Saturday was a busy day in Madison. There was a fall festival and chili cookoff going on downtown as well. We tested out some chili and as it was getting pretty toasty outside we had to get some homemade ice cream.



069

 


073

 


182

Homemade apple ice cream!


090

We came back to the inn to regroup and low and behold, DUN DUN DUN!!!, something terrible has happened. Hmmm. I guess we’ll find out soon what has occurred. Naturally I hadn’t the slightest clue. ;)

 

099

 

094



097

Jane is taking in the scenery. Love those curtains.

 

188

Beautiful stained glass windows.

 

189

After we regrouped and refreshed we decided to take a drive around Madison and see some of the beautiful homes tucked away on the side streets of Madison. Most of the homes are privately owned and therefore not open to the public, however, several times a year select homes are open to tour. I plan on attending the Christmas open house tour in several weeks and in the spring I attended Madison in May spring tour of homes. Get your holiday tickets today!

 

034



035        038

 

110

 

111

Beautiful fret work.


112


 

135

 

113

 

115

 

116

 

118

 

121

 

122



128

 

133

 

134

 

138

 

140

 

145

 

150

 

155

 

159

After cruising around town we headed back to Madison Oaks and toured the grounds. It’s as relaxing as it looks.

 

163



164

 

165



166


 

165 (2)

Time to get ready. Part of my costume! I’m DeeVa Louder, a world famous opera singer.

 

195



198



199

What a cast of characters!

 

200



201

 

202



203

 

204



205

Mmm, homemade coconut cake just happens to be one of my favorites.



Deeva&Lupe

DeeVa & Lupe had a great time at dinner!


206

‘Kitty’s’ kitty cat. She’s cute but freaked some people out, Sophie the Pug included. She is a talking, moving, blinking stuffed animal.


Lucky for us neither Ginny nor myself were ‘murderers.’ The Murder Mystery Dinner was very fun and I really didn’t know what to expect since I ’ve never been to one but have always wanted to. It was a great group of participants and I highly recommend going the next time an event is planned!
 


208        211


214        215

R to L clockwise: Ginny and myself as DeeVa & Lupe; Cheryl, Madison Oaks Inn Keeper/Hildegard the maid and myself; Jane saying “It’s time for bed!”; and myself posing as DeeVa in her element.



218

 

226

Good Morning Sophie!



227

 

229



230

‘Hmm. What’s on your plate?’

 

233

Another delicious breakfast!

 

234

Carolyn Guest, author of the Southern Mansion Mystery series, was in attendance at our Murder Mystery weekend at Madison Oaks. Her newest book, number 5 in the series, features Historic Madison Georgia and takes place at Madison Oaks itself! I can’t wait to read the series and listening to her discuss her books has definitely added more places to visit to my bucket list! Be sure to check out her books here.



079

What a fun weekend! I hope you enjoy sharing the experience and hopefully Jane and I help inspire others to create memories of their own. Who else is heading to the Christmas open house tour in Madison? Any fun plans for this weekend?



Have a bright day!

Chelsea aka Bright Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment