Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May Day, May Day!~Photo a day catch up, good bye April/hello May, and an Antebellum mini break.



I heard this song on tv today thought it was perfect for todays post.
Alrighty, I have some catching up to do. I can’t believe it’s already May!! 2012 is going by quickly. Since I already posted about my trip to the aquarium I thought I would focus my photos on my weekend getaway to the lovely Madison, Georgia historically known as ‘the city Sherman refused to burn.’ Learn more about the history of Madison here.
April photo a day challenge~The End
#photoadayapril
25} Looking Down~Checking out the lovely Dovecote House in downtown Madison, Georgia. Standing on the carriage stone.
042
26} Black & White~Resident Pug, Sophie, at the beautiful Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens. She is quite the character!
210
27} Somewhere you went~Le Petit Jardin in Madison, Georgia. Lovely garden and décor inspiration plus I love the smell of growing things.
020
28} 1pm~My colorful ensemble en route. We took the back roads through town for a few hours Saturday looking at all the beautiful homes. *sigh* Madison’s tour of homes is this weekend, we’ll probably be back to see inside the lovelies!
367
29} Circle~Blue Willow plates on the walls downstairs at home, what used to be the dining room has now become a sitting area for tea and such. I got pretty inspired and motivated from just a few days away from home. Rearranged three rooms of furniture, etc. Your welcome mother! Winking smile Luv ya!
253303
                  Before                                          After
30} Something that makes you sad~Saying goodbye to Madison & the end of my four day weekend=sad times. But hey Friday isn’t that far off.
364


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mini Break to Madison, Georgia
The small town of Madison, Georgia is only an hour and a half from metro Atlanta but once you get there you feel hundreds of miles away especially at the beautiful Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens. My mother and I had a girls weekend of tea, antiquing, dining out, and enjoying the beautiful surroundings of Antebellum homes and small town atmosphere.
004
Trying on chapeaux, what lovely ladies!
016
017

We had a great time at The Madison Tea Room. Jane loves a good tea!
020022
025023
035
042
044
Admiring the Dovecote House right off Main Street. Jane is just getting off her carriage for a visit.
045050









028030

056
Shopping around town looking at fun things and getting inspiration. Love the idea of a few antique bells in a kitchen and vintage shaving mugs are a fun idea for your powder room.
364071
066078
064081
After a bit of vino, touring the grounds of the Madison Oaks.
098109

111121
Sophie is a show stealer. So funny! “Be a dear and drop a chop for me” :)
127
132
134
139
143
157    183
Peek-a-boo! I see you! Breakfast was delicious!
179       180
197
199

204  205


209
Some shots in front of the Madison Oaks Inn & Gardens with, of course, Miss. Sophie. So sad to say goodbye but we’ll definitely be back!
225
233

Made a pit stop at the local market, farm fresh tomatoes for dinner.
310   



324      328




My treasures from the trip. Vintage shaving mug, pretty colors and design, and an antique Waterford crystal perfume bottle. Both were very reasonably priced and they look lovely on my vanity!
564231_10150862290726522_324545166521_11992537_64880133_n[1]
#photoadaymay
Day 1} Peace~After my weekend away it was nice coming back to work and seeing the kids. Before I could even say ‘hello!’ and ‘could I have a hug?’ I was immediately greeted by smiling faces and pleads to be picked up. It was a good day.
IMG_0834
We had a great time on our trip! We plan on going back this weekend for the tour of homes, so stay tuned much more to come! Up next ASO Designer Showcase House 2012 + May photo a day!
Have a bright day and happy may day:)
Bright Girl

1 comment:

  1. love seeing your post from your trip to Madison!
    We had the very same breakfast and loved it....I am pretty sure I cleaned my plate! The fruit dish that she served before the meal came was todiefor. :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete