Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Dinner Inspiration

When I have the time I enjoy cooking and baking. I think it's the creative process of creating something different and delicious and you can instantly reap the rewards of a successful recipe. All the women in my family have been wonderful cooks and seem to be able to make something out of nothing in the blink of an eye with no recipe on hand. Just cook it based on all the past delicious meals. I definitely can't do that, recipes are required.
I usually don't have a lot of time to cook a meal for my family because, well, I've been in school or work full time for my entire life. Been working since 14. I've had some extra time on my hands lately so I'm going to start looking for dinnertime inspiration. Last week my aunt came to visit and we made Grandma Hazel's tacos. They were delicious of course. Homemade tacos! Yes please!


Then the other day I found a yummy recipe in Real Simple for Skirt steak with Corn Cakes and fresh veggies for garnish. I must say it was so good and really easy to make. Fresh and tasty! 


Here is the link to the recipe on Real Simple's website:
 http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/skirt-steak-corn-cakes-00000000060217/index.html

I did use a marinade from Alton Brown, again really easy. I put the steak in the marinade mid day and pulled it out around 5 or six. It was perfect.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/skirt-steak-recipe/index.html

If you have any suggestions for recipes or websites to check out let me know. I'll keep my meal experiments coming!

Have a bright day!
Bright Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment