Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lovin’ from the oven

158

The other day I had the afternoon off so I pulled out the measuring cups and spoons and did some baking. I really enjoy baking, much more than cooking. My baked goods are always crowd pleasers and it’s been a while since I did any baking so why not?
I love looking through old cook books and seeing all of the retro culinary creations of the past. Like Frenchie sauces, jello salad, meat casseroles galore. It inspires me to bring things back and get all Julia Childs on ya’ll. Not sure if that will happen but that could be an interesting blog series? Thoughts?
For now here are some sweet treats. Toasted almond cherry scones & homemade chocolate chip cookies. I found this scone recipe on foodtv.com from Chef Anne Burrell here. I love making scones, I find them very simple to make and I can make a lot from a single batch. I never cut them into wedges in the traditional manner because I prefer making lots of bite sized scones. The toasted almonds and cinnamon make these scones really tasty!

143

I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe in my Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Baking cookbook, the recipe is online here. Instead of using 3 kinds of chips I opted for just a single bag of semi sweet. I looked through an old, old cookbook for tasty chocolate chip cookies and found this Williams-Sonoma recipe was exactly the same just with different kinds of chips. I can vouch that they are GOOD! Plain sugar and brown sugar, yumm!

155

Cookies & Milk

168

One of my Biltmore Dairy Farms milk glasses holds fresh flowers & the other holds milk for my cookies. :}

174

Fresh flowers from the garden

124

If you give a cat a cookie, he’ll probably want some milk to go with it.

pumpkincookie

What are some of your favorite baking recipes or family favorites? I’m always looking for something new to try!

Have a bright day!
Bright Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment