Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pinterest worthy DIY projects

I’m the kind of girl who likes to do things herself and find new ways to use and enjoy things from another time or place. It doesn’t hurt if they are inexpensive changes to boot. I have a lot of mini projects swimming around in the back of my head and as I recently had a social gathering at my house it was time to put some of them into overdrive. So without further ado. Voila!

265

I found this awesome vintage garden gate buried in ivy behind the shed when I was clearing some things out of the yard. I knew it would be awesome cleaned up and put back in the garden. When were walking around downtown Madison after going to the Sunflower Farm Festival a few weeks ago I saw this “old” garden gate on a wall. ‘Um. I’m doing that!’

734

So I cleaned it up, scrubbed it with a steel wool brush, and sprayed it with a clear anti rush spray paint and then Krylon Ivy Leaf.

850

943

Ta Da! It has a new life:)

944

937

942

Project #2. While shopping a month or so ago I spotted these adorable house numbers outside a cute little shop. I asked, they no longer sell them. So I figured, hey! I can make those!

331

361 (2)     374 (2)[4]

I had tons of wooden paint stirrers from my massive house painting project/s and extra Benjamin Moore Bermuda Turquoise paint. I was going to paint my door Bermuda Turquoise but ended up going with Calypso Blue, one shade lighter. Used leftover white paint and a stencil. Sprayed with clear sealer. Easy as 1, 2, 3…Done!

460 (2)

784

783

So fun right!

What are some of your recent DIY projects or Pinterest inspirations?

Have a bright day!

Bright Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment