Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spooky reads for your little pumpkin. Halloween 2011

Okay so I've always been an avid reader. I spent a lot of time in the Falls Elementary Library and looked forward to our visits to the Solano County Library. I've worked in the children's industry for a while now and it has always brought me joy to see what new books come in for little readers. I was cleaning out some shelves the other day and came across my own children's book collection, many of which have been well read and loved. I thought I'd take a moment to share some fun fall/Halloween reads as the season is upon us. I consider any holiday an opportunity to add to your collection. Heck a Thursday is a good enough holiday to read! Nothing compares to a new good book. A real one mind! Kids need actual books, not gadgets.

We've collected Tasha Tudor books since I was very little. She is such an interesting person and lovely artist as is seen in these books. The Tasha Tudor Book of Holidays.

October is time for Pumpkin Moonshines!

Spooky!

Boo!

Tasha Tudor's Seasons of Delight



Pumpkin Moonshine



Me-ow!!

I love this book! Poor Stellaluna!

Look at that face:)

I rescued a little kitten last week who has no mother! We aptly named her Stellaluna. Goes perfect with the other Halloween themed cats Thackery Binx and Pumpkin. She is still looking for a forever home. Please pass the word along or if you are looking to add to your family please let me know!

...Other things I love include Richard Scarry and Halloween. Things to Love.

Look at those costumes:)
Another book I remember reading as a youngster. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything.
Great illustrations!

I love the Little Critter collection! Oooh spiders ahhh!

These are actually kinda spooky for little kids but I'll never forget the story of the Girl with the Green Ribbon. In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories.

These are more contemporary to my time but super fun pop ups! There is a whole "bug" collection but I think Halloween Bugs are the perfect time and place for bugs. Halloween Bugs.

Duck & Goose have lots of books, such a cute collection. Duck & Goose Find a Pumpkin

Get your little readers ready for Halloween and go read a book!
Do you have a favorite holiday read? Please do share!
Have a bright day!
bright girl

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Tasha Tudor!! I have the versions of both 'A Little Princess', and 'The Secret Garden' that were illustrated by her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tasha Tudor! Her illustrations are amazing and so sweet. She's such an interesting person, my mother has every book she's ever done or been in. We live in an 1840s reproduction farm house so we have a lot of the same interests and taste as Tasha Tudor.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog Cathie! :)

    ReplyDelete