Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Birthday To You!



Today is a day of celebrations! It is Maman's birthday as well as Tante Sue Sue's! (Happy Birthday en Floride!)
It was such a lovely October day today. Mom and I created a scarecrow decoration for the garden. She is lovely non!

Pockets Full of Pumpkin Seeds

Cookie's going for a roll in the hay

Bennet looks cute in this one:)
Isn't this paper cute! Un petit cadeau


 I made a delicous dinner that was actually pretty easy to make. I found a recipe for Hawaiian pulled pork sandwiches that you cook in a slow cooker. I couldn't find pork shoulder so I bought country pork ribs. The recipe calls for all sorts of spices including pineapple juice, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, paprika, garlic, onions, etc. I tweaked it a bit to make it fit what I had. I started cooking late, around 11pm, finished everything shortly after midnight, and let it cook all night. I turned it off at 7 am. It was super tender and after I let it cool the meat fell apart easily for pulled pork!
For the sides I made asian slaw, topped with peanuts and chow mein noodles for crunch and I cooked up a ginger soy dressing. I also made my corn cakes again! All of these flavors tasted great together, top a corn cake with slaw and pork! An alternative to the same old pork sandwich.

Of course Baby arrived shortly after the plate hit the table.


...and Bennet wasn't far off either.

I was going through our children's books earlier, I'm going to share some of my fall favorites in a blog very soon, and found this one. I LOVE the Little Critter collection. Always a favorite growing up.

Baby helped mommy find the frog. There he is!! In each book you have to find Little Critters friends. In the other books it is spider and cricket.

Mom made a wish on a Little Debbie cupcake for dessert. (Hint: Her name is Debbie:))

Here is a link to the recipe for the Hawaiian pork:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/hawaiian-pulled-pork-sandwiches-recipe/index.html

A fun day overall. Now off to watch "The Middle" and "Modern Family." Lots more to blog about this week! Teaser: Jane and I went to a patisserie the other day. Stay tuned!

Have a bright night!
bright girl

No comments:

Post a Comment