Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tiramisu Tuesday


Hello All!
So yesterday I made delicious tiramisu and wanted to share the recipe. I kind of had to make up my own recipe since I didn't quite have everything on the printed recipe but I must say it still tastes yummy!

My tiramisu is Raspberry Tiramisu :p

You will need:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 cups raspberries
1 package coffee flavored marscapone cheese
1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 cups strong coffee
plenty of cocoa powder
1 angel food cake or 2 packages of lady fingers


In a medium saucepan mix the sugar and cornstarch until blended, add 3 cups of rasperries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 2 minutes or until thickened.  Cool to room temperature and add remaining berries.
In a mixer beat marscapone, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and 1/4 cup coffee. At this point I added a little cream to make it more spreadable and liquidy, not too much maybe 1/4 cup. You can also add sour cream but I didn't have any.
I bought a nice angel food cake and sliced it thin. Place one layer on the bottom of a glass dish. Pour 1/2 of the raspberry mixture over the cake then 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Pour a little of the coffee over this to moisten the cake. Sift the cocoa over this, covering the mixture. Repeat. You may want to reserve some of the raspberries to garnish the top of the tiramisu.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Enjoy!
B. Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment