Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 4, 2012

Sunday brunch at SpringHouse

A few weeks ago my family and I climbed in the car and went to visit our family in Alexander City, Alabama near Lake Martin. We’ve been wanting to try out SpringHouse at Russell Crossroads since it opened and finally made the trip.

709


Pastures and gardens surround the SpringHouse restaurant.

013

Our view on the patio, stables in the background.

705

Before we went to lunch we drove around the grounds. I snapped some pictures at the stables.

703

718

I spy.

721


724

A blacksmith cat!

728


734

Catherine’s Market, which is also part of Russell Crossroads, serves up tasty salads and sides and also has delicious meats and cheeses as well as any last minute lake house needs.

017

Below the patio, this pretty little garden disguises the fact that this is the “roof” of the downstairs dining room. Pretty neat!

736

My view from my seat. So relaxing!

018

SpringHouse Eggs Benedict

019

SpringHouse Burger

020

Crispy Gulf Shrimp Oyster Po’ Boy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

012


On the ride home, plucked some gardenias from Miss Hilda’s overflowing gardenia bush. They smell so wonderful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SpringHouse, my family and I had a great time visiting, enjoying the lovely weather and scenery, and the staff were so incredibly nice. We will definitely be back!

I think it’s awesome that there is now a place for good food, gourmet food items, and activities like hiking and biking all in one place close to the lake and therefore close to where we visit our family. I would love to spend a whole weekend at the lake sometime soon, anyone know of a great place to stay that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg? I’d love some suggestions.


Have a bright day!


Bright Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment