Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Harvest



Where has this year gone so far!? I can't believe it's July but I'm excited about starting a new month. A month of renewel and the month of my birth!

Here at Gap in the Hedge we are excited about all the new flowers and plants in bloom and our fruit and vegetable gardens.

Our new blueberry bushes have been very fruitful and so great to go out in the mornings and pick berries for cereal. Yummy!


Our Casablanca Lilies just popped open this week and smell so deliciously fragrant. We'll be picking some for bouquets this weekend.
Adorable Coneflowers join the Lilies


Our Scuppernong and Muscadine grapes are plumping up also. We'll have lots this year.

The Yellow Pear tomatos are ripening up nicely. These will be great in a summer salad.

TONS of basil. I can't wait for some pesto and bruschetta!

A lone eggplant is just about ready to pluck. Eggplant Parm for one?

Our fig tree is getting big and we'll actually have lots of figs this year. Last year we had ONE.

After taking these pictures and clearing a little brush we discovered it's resident!
He was very interested in us.

Our blueberries would be delicious in a Fourth of July dessert! This is so pretty! Oh, Martha.




What are you planning to cook this weekend? Doing anything fun to celebrate?
Have a wonderful 4th!

And as usual..have a bright day!
b. girl

2 comments:

  1. First of all happy birthday. I was born in the summer too and all my life I've loved summer. Your garden is gorgeous. How fun to be able to pick your own blueberries fresh from the garden. And those lovely yellow tomatoes will be fabulous in a salad and make a very pretty picture too.

    Thank you for stopping by my kitchen and following along. It's my pleasure to meet you. I hope you're having a great 4th of July weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support! I'm hoping July will be an exciting month. You'll have to check back and see what I make with these garden fruits and veggies.
    I really like your blog too! I've already spied some things I'd like to try out. Have a happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete